B.L.E.S.S.: Share Your Story
Share Your Story
1 Peter 3:13-16 13 Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? 14 But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.” 15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.
Why Share the Good News?
- God told you to. Mark 16:15: He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
- We are God’s Ambassadors. 2 Corinthians 5:20: We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
- People are going to hell. Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- God puts specific people in our personal path. Ephesians 2:10: For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Two Clarifying Words: Where am I on the love scale? And where am I on the courage scale? Statistics tell us that 65% : high love, low courage; 25 %: low in both; 7 %: high in both; 3 %: low love, high courage. We are to invite people and invest in people.
Ways To Share the Good New Story
- Invite people to church.
- Share your testimony: Salvation Testimony (before how, since); Life Testimony (an important God moment, when I started living for God, my life verse, what’s important to me).
- Share the plan of salvation: Scripture Based-- Romans Road, 4 Spiritual Laws, Share Jesus Without Fear; Symbol Based—Salvation Bracelet, The Bridge, The Hand, The Three Circles; App Based—God Tools, John 3:16, Li6W.
God’s love, Our sin, Sin, Price, Everyone sins, Living.