Rock & Roll (The Rock we need to Roll as a Christian)
God’s Word is True.
2 Timothy 3:16, Hebrews 4:12
We can depend upon God’s Word. It is absolutely true. The Bible contains 66 books, written by 40 authors over a period of 1500 years inspired by the Holy Spirit. It is filled with prophecies that have been fulfilled and statements that took science a while to catch up.
Since the Bible is true…
- We should obey what it tells us to do. Luke 11:28: He (Jesus) replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”
- We should claim the promises God gives. There are 8000 promises in the Bible. 2 Peter 1:3-4: “...He has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature...”
- We should start living and sharing the Word. Matthew 28:19: Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit…
- We should become givers. Malachi 3:10-11 “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LordAlmighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.” God expects His people to be generous.
- We should be praying for God to send workers. Matthew 9:38: Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” We should also pray that God is glorified, the church is edified and the enemy is nullified. Our battle weapon is prayer.