How to Hear God, Part 2
- Point 1: Prayer & Word of God. This is how we learn what God’s voice sounds like.
- Point 2: Put in to practice the things you learned in prayer and scripture. If we do not listen to God in the little things, we will not hear Him in the big things.
- Point 3: Expect to see God. Scan your surroundings to see where you can minister in the name of Jesus.
- Point 4: Be patient and be passionate about removing noise from your life. The eunuch was on a desert road…sometimes we need to find that place where there are no distractions and we are able to hear God’s voice clearly. Many things can be noise in our life such as busyness, stress, negative people, or situations.
God speaks in various ways.
- Direct Message (Angel of the Lord told Philip to go to desert place)
- Quiet Voice (Spirit told Philip to go to chariot)
- Inner urging by the Holy Spirit (Spirit of the Lord carried Philip away)
- Abrupt stop and rebuke (Paul on the Damascus Road)
No matter how God speaks, our part is to obey, to be ready to go.