The Grudge pt 3-Forgiving God
The Grudge, Part 3
1 Chronicles 13:11-12: “Then David was angry because the Lord’s wrath had broken out against Uzzah, and to this day that place is called Perez Uzzah. David was afraid of God that day…”
1. God doesn’t need our forgiveness.
2. Sometimes we “feel” like we have been wronged by God.
- Breathe out the lie. Psalm 22:1-2 “My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? Why are You so far from saving me, so far from my cries of anguish? My God, I cry out by day, but You do not answer, by night, but I find no rest.”
- Breathe in the truth. Psalm 22:3-5 “ Yet You are enthroned as the Holy One; You are the one Israel praises. In You our ancestors put their trust; they trusted and You delivered them. To You they cried out and were saved; in You, they trusted and were not put to shame.”
The situation does not define my faith; my faith defines my situation.
Three Lies to Battle
- God does not love me. Battle this by focusing on the gospel.
- God does not care about your life. Battle this by focusing on gratitude.
- God does not have a plan. Battle this by focusing on your purpose.
Genesis 39:2 “The Lord was with Joseph so that he prospered and he lived in the house of his Egyptian master.”
Genesis 39:20-21 “…But while Joseph was there in the prison, the Lord was with him; He showed him kindness and granted him favor in the eyes of the prison warden.