- God told you to. Galatians 5:13: “You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.”
- God has opportunities ready. Ephesians 2:10: “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
- Sometimes when we serve, we are serving Jesus. Matthew 25:40: “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for Me.’
- When we serve others, they see God. Matthew 5:16: “In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”
Ways to Serve
- Take them their lunch (David took his brothers lunch. 1 Samuel 17).
- Give them a ride. (A colt was provided for Jesus to ride into Jerusalem. Mark 11).
- Bring out the towel. (Jesus washed the disciples’ feet. John 13)
Ways To Remember To Serve
- Have a consistent place to serve.
- Ask God every morning to show you opportunities to serve.
- Listen for the Holy Spirit to prompt you to serve.
- Intentionally look for opportunities to serve those disconnected from God.
What Are You (We) Known for Always Doing?
Acts 9:36: In Joppa, there was a disciple named Tabitha (in Greek her name is Dorcas); she was always doing good and helping the poor.