Five Seeds To Plant in 2022
Five Seeds To Plant in 2022
We need to start today to prepare for next December. Romans 12:2: Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will.
If we want to be set apart for God, we must renew our minds. Where do actions start? They start in the mind.
If we don’t have a transformed mind, we will be easily overcome by other thoughts that will push out the things that should be a priority. We need a thought change and that comes with a renewed mind. The best way to picture a transformed or renewed mind is by considering a garden.
What is planted must be watered and weeds need to be pulled. We need to plant the things we want to harvest. Galatians 6:7: Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Proverbs 23:7: For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. 2 Corinthians 10:3-6: 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled. We will have weeds or thoughts in life planted by the world or Satan. We need to pull such weeds out of the garden of our mind that does not grow us in our relationship with God. Get rid of such things and plant good seeds. What kind of seed do we need to plant in our minds?
1. I am part of God’s plan. Beginning in Genesis 1:1, God put in place a plan. His plan brings purpose and meaning to life.
2. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14: I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. Just think, we are created by God. He has made each of us distinctive, not like anyone else, with special gifts to serve Him. Just think, we are made in His image so that we may be image-bearers of God Himself.
3. My life, therefore, has a purpose. Let your distinctiveness shine in the darkness of this world that others may be drawn to God and His salvation.
4. The cross of Jesus has the final word. We are not to let the world or Satan distract us from the cross, a symbol of victory and overcoming sin. God is good and has the best in mind for us. He went to the extreme to rescue us by sending Jesus to die for our sins thus showing how much He values us. Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
5. My God can turn evil into good. The cross demonstrates that truth. Let us not give up. Keep watering the garden of your mind with the truth found in His Word. Keep pulling the weeds that will choke out the things of God from our minds.
Take time to continue to nurture and plant good seeds. Remember: What we sow, we will reap.