Special Guest: Ron Rich, Associate Director of Missions, CBBA
62 years in ministry, age 82
• Bible translations: the best Bible translation is the one you will read.
• Philippians is a personal letter from Paul to the church located in Philippi, which was probably his favorite church. The purpose of the letter is to remind them who they are…in Christ.
• Part of our problem in our Christian walk is that we forget who we are in Christ…Paul reminds us to remember.
• Paul was in prison but that didn’t hinder the spread of the gospel because churches like this one were in partnership with the Gospel (verse 5).
• Remember who you are in Christ and where you are.
• Remember your possession (in Christ), your pursuit, and your purpose.
• Paul remembered his conversion and shared it. See Acts 16 where he shared it with King Agrippa. Approximate 35 years had passed since Paul’s conversion yet its memory was strong in his mind. We also should share our conversion story.