2520 Cherry Street
PO Box 406
Waller, TX 77484
Follow us on Facebook!
Give Online via Realm
Words To Live By:
Malachi 3:8-12 7 ”Ever since the time of your ancestors you have turned away from My decrees and have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you,” says the Lord Almighty. “But you ask, ‘How are we to return?’ 8 “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. “But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you? ’“In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing Me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house. Test Me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the Lord Almighty. 12 “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the Lord Almighty.
1. It is the heart of God. 1 Timothy 6:17 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.
2. Our generosity makes Jesus excited. Mark 12:41-42 tells the story of the poor widow who gave all. Jesus called His disciples to come and see what she had done.
3. Our generosity brings us closer to God. Our text shows us the blessings of generosity.
4. Our generosity helps others. Acts 20:35 Jesus said, “It is more blessed to give than to receive.”
5. Generosity helps us. Proverbs 11:24-25 24 One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly but comes to poverty.25 A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.
Game-Changing Verse: Deuteronomy 8:17-18 17 You may say to yourself, “My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.” 18 But remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms His covenant, which He swore to your ancestors, as it is today.
Things to Increase Your Generosity Capacity:
Give spontaneously. Luke 10:25-27 Example: Story of The Good Samaritan;
Give strategically. Isaiah 32:7-8 Scoundrel’s scheme vs noble plan.
Give sacrificially. 2 Corinthians 8:1-4 The Macedonian churches gave beyond their ability.