Your Next Chapter: Next Step Thinking
Your New Chapter:
Next Step Thinking
Ephesians 4:1, 11-14, 16
We may not be happy where we are but we can be happy with the next step. What does the next step mean? The next step means we are on a journey from where we are to where God wants us to be. The next step means one step at a time. The beauty of God’s plan is that it is a journey, not immediate. Psalm 16:11: You make known to me the path of life...”;
We are to be a next-step church.
- Ephesians 4:1 tells us to “...live a life worthy of the calling you have received. “
- Ephesians 4:11:14: “So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip His people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.”
God has a calling on each of our lives and gifted us for works of service. This builds up the body of Christ and brings unity in the faith. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.
What is the next step mentality?
- Next step mentality brings maturity.
- Next step mentality brings unity in the body of Christ.
- Next step mentality gives purpose in life.
Let us be willing to take the next step….