God @ the Movies: The Big George Foreman
Big George Foreman—
Faith vs Fear
Numbers 13:1-3 Report of spies about Promised Land.
Psalm 34:4-5 “I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.”
Red Flags That You Are Giving In To Fear:
- You stop seeing the evidence of God’s goodness in your world. Eight of ten spies gave a negative report.
- You turn positives into negatives and then you add on to build your case. The spies described the people of the land as powerful.
- You find yourself rejecting the encouragement and faith of others. Caleb silenced the people…and said. “We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.” Number 13:30.
- You begin spreading and exaggerating the fear in others. They called themselves grasshoppers instead of people of God.
- You cause others not to meet their potential. Never let fear decide your future.
How To Feed Your Faith:
- Stop forgetting God’s goodness in your past, and remember the amazing things God has done!
- Stop spending time worrying and start spending time praying.
- Don’t be satisfied with present circumstances, learn to trust in the hope of God’s future.
The 3 G’s of Daily Living by Faith:
- Growing towards God.
- Grateful for what God has done.
- Go after God every day.