I’m on a Trip?
I’m on a Trip?
- To maintain a correct perspective in life, remind yourself each morning:
God loves me – God is with me - God has a plan for me.
- When you get nervous or fearful, remind yourself of your purpose.
- Love is a sign of salvation, not tongues. The Holy Spirit is a gift.
- Paul’s purpose was to know God, view others through God’s eyes, and be part of God’s plan.
- 2 Peter 1:3-4: 3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
God has given us everything we need as well as His great and precious promises.
- Two questions: Do I trust God? Do I believe He has a plan?
Demonstration: Pastor Blake has a box with all the items for a trip to the Swiss Alps he has planned in 6 months and invited you to come?
There will be 3 responses to his offer:
- I trust Pastor Blake and believe he has a plan and I am eager to go. I will check out the box and prepare for the trip.
- I don’t know if I can trust Pastor Blake, not too sure about his plan but will check out the box and maybe follow some of his instructions. This person will not be ready to go when the time comes.
- I trust Pastor Blake….but this person doesn’t read the instructions and isn’t home when Pastor Blake comes to pick him up for the trip.
Which response are we when it comes to God?
- Trust God and search out His plan.
- Don’t really trust God, do some things but not ready to fit in with God’s plan.
- Love God but no clue about His plan for my life.
Remember God has a plan for your life!