What’s Your Story?
What is Your Story?
The greatest story ever told is the story of Jesus Christ and the salvation He provided for us. The second greatest story in your life is your story. His story makes your story incredible.
There are two basics stories:
- Victim Story (all about me)
- Victor Story (all about Jesus Christ)
Thought to remember: When you don’t know what God is up to in your life, revert back to the core belief in your story.
The victor mentality lives with a focus on Jesus Christ and eternity. What you focus on is what you feed in your life and what will grow.
Chapter 18 tells the victor story of these people: Paul, Priscilla and Aquila and Apollos.
How to live a Victor Story:
- Start Now. The heart is where it starts. The Bible tells us above all things, guard your heart. Replace guilt with confession, anger with forgiveness, greed with giving, jealousy with celebration.
- Locate and break victim habits in your life. Call them out. Address them out loud. There is power in speaking.
- Remind yourself that you don’t know what hangs in the balance. God is in control and has a plan that we may not see.
What about our church? What is our story? Are we a victim or a victor?
Let us see each other as victors, not victims.